Sunday, February 28, 2010

On tour



Crazy people that we are, we've signed up to be one of the 8 stops on the Cooped Up In Corvallis tour of chicken coops this Sunday, March 7th.



We had such a great time touring the coops last March, asking lots of questions, checking out construction options, and talking chicken with fellow townspeople who raise or wanted to raise backyard chickens.



And then in April we got our 9 baby girls... er, 7 girls plus 2 boys who had to find new homes... ahem! They lived in a box in our kitchen for weeks, then Gramma C was run over so construction was delayed (priorities, you know?), but we eventually moved them into their new house in June.



And now here we are. Full circle, right? Offering up our experience to anyone interested in having a little flock of sweet, funny birds of their own. We fine-tuned the coop yesterday and plan on getting some fresh, golden straw for their yard this week. I do hope the weather's nice next Sunday.



So, if you're in the area and this seems like your cup o' tea, get a ticket, hop in your boots and come on over. I think it's going to be fun!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, I wish I lived nearby--we're in Minnesota--because I dream of keeping chickens. Sigh, sigh.

M. said...

I live in a city so having chickens is rather impossible but luckily for me a good friend of mine(who lives in a country) has them and always brings me some fresh, unbelievably tasty eggs.... congrats and good luck on your coop. :)

Soon, Then said...

Good for you! Wish I could stop by! One of these days we really ought to meet. :)

Molly said...

dare i say, they all look the same from behind?!