Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Study Buddy Week Twenty Five

Back in early Spring of this year we relocated the Italian Prune to be up closer to the house in hopes that it would fare better than in its first year. Down where it was it had wet feet all spring and the deer had easy access to its tasty young branches and leaves. I still anticipate some deer prevention in its new location, but also anticipate some fruit this coming year. (Fingers crossed!) I do love Italian Prunes, and if you do as well I suggest you check out Molly's recipe for Plum Crumble. It's on the menu at Delancey, and it can easily be on the menu at your house as well.



By the way, I did manage to follow the directions the first time I made it, and it came out just like Molly's pictures. However, the second time around I paid less attention and dumped the melted butter into the topping mixture instead of saving it to drizzle on top. Fortunately, the crumble was still quite edible, the topping just became more of a cookie layer. All good.

Vine Maple


Green Grape


Brown Turkey Fig


Oregon Ash


Italian Prune

No comments: