Friday, March 20, 2009

FIVE SENSES FRIDAY :: ROUND TWO

The sun is making the day warm. The wind is making it cool. Calder agreed to wear a new pair of shoes today (pink high tops!) And I'm taking part in another edition of Five Senses Friday.



SIGHT:

- signs of Spring all around. Happy Equinox!

SOUND:

- the rusty ball bearings crunching and rolling as Calder spun and spun in the chair



- the dry, airy sound, like the briefest puff on a pan flute, as i trimmed the straw-like stems of the shasta daisy



- the call of a chickadee in the greenway that inspired a song of our own

TASTE:

- my mind could taste it, and craved it, and then finally got to eat a BLT on whole wheat with french fries and a pint of Shakespeare Stout at Squirrel's



TOUCH:

- warm cotton just out of the dryer



- the double thunk action of Calder and I using my new/old stapler

SMELL:

- the strange, can't-put-my-finger-on-it smell of the flowering plum blossoms. I want to like it, but...



- brushing up against the rosemary while trimming the lavender

No comments: