Saturday, October 18, 2008

FOGGY MORNING



I was lured outside yesterday morning to take in the fog as it hung over the house and garden.



I do appreciate that after summer's heat has passed and a few rains have fallen you can sit back and watch the garden experience one last moment of glory before drifting slowly into hibernation. It's on its own for now.



The dahlias are still going strong. In fact, there's a yellow one that just made its first appearance, but these pink ones are my favorite.



Big spider. Bailing because I got all up in its business...



...to photograph its web.



The ash leaves are yellow and falling. Everyone else in the greenway is still holding on to their green.



Ocho was out there too enjoying a snooze on the haybale. He's one of the sweetest cats I've known, but he spends a lot of time in places where poison oak grows, so we have to have a "no touch" relationship.

No comments: