Friday, May 16, 2008

THESE KNEES



As the weather warms, (considerably! 90's yesterday and today,) and we approach the summer of Calder's second year I'm certain there will be a lot of little boy shorts in the wardrobe. With that in mind, I can only imagine this will be the summer of the skinned knee, and his little chubby, creamy skin will meet Bandaids and kisses in a way he's never known before.



I just wanted to pay homage and direct your attention to these knees.

We don't have any plans to cut his hair. He tolerates me occasionally brushing it out of his face and blowing poofs of air so it gets out of his eyes. We just want to see what becomes of his locks as they get longer. And he's even incorporated it into his dancing, shaking his head vigorously side-to-side to make the hair slide across his face. And besides, I like how it looks!

A HOT NIGHT IN MAY



Nachos and pints at Normal's. It's turned out to be our new haunt. Good food, and last night good beer.



Jeff had the Deschutes Green Lakes Organic Ale (left) and I enjoyed an even more local Pooya Porter (right). Calder had water.

And on another beer note...
The other night Jeff and I split a Laurelwood Organic Treehugger Porter and were both quite taken with it. Highly recommended. Another great, local beer!

No comments: