Friday, October 15, 2010

Lake wears...

He pretty much always has a hat on.



And it's usually this one. (The Baby Watchcap. Free off Ravelry. Knit in Berroco Ultra Alpaca. Super soft.) The cap's been snatched and worn by big brother on occasion, but it keeps its shape and still stays on Lake's little noggin for the most part. I may wash and block it just to bring it back down to its original size, or I may not bother.



And now that we're into the beautiful fall weather here, he's often seen wearing a little vest. This is the largest of the 3 I knit for him. (Knit on 8's, I think, in Berroco Vintage.) He's got plenty of room still. I'm hoping he'll be able to wear it through winter. (Sadly, the other two just didn't work into the rotation when he was newborn and it was the height of summer. I hope to pass them on to winter babies.) Perhaps I'll work up another of these soon in the same size so he can have a little variety. It's a super sweet vest. (Note: the pattern calls for size 4 needles, but I ended up with a tiny vest the first time. For a 3-6mo (don't hold me to this sizing) I'd use size 8 needles with a dk or worsted weight yarn.)

Holding his own hands, sucking his fingers, or drooling up a storm, this little Lake (who I may nickname Puddle) is a cutie in his mama-mades. And I'm sure to make more to keep him warm and fashionable as long as he'll let me.

No comments: