Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Study Buddy Week Six

Some of these guys are growing too big for their close-ups. Some, sadly, are not. But I'll keep watch. Something's sure to happen.

Vine Maple


Green Grape


Brown Turkey Fig


Oregon Ash


Italian Prune


This afternoon our yard became the clearing in the woods where two deer, yearlings, came to rest, one standing and one laying down. I don't mind that the deer visit our yard. In fact, I really like it. Watching them from inside before they knew they'd been spotted I took note of their large black noses, the little bit of a smile where their mouth turns up, the size of their ears (very large,) and the soft appearance of their fur. I know they come to eat our plants, and we do what we can to prevent major losses, but I still enjoy their visits and look forward to them every year.

No comments: