Tuesday, November 04, 2008

TODAY



Do this, please.



We've got heavy, soaker rains here in our part of Oregon. The driveway puddle has returned.



And Calder's rock box is almost filled to the brim with rainwater. At this rate, it will be overflowing soon.



Still, I wanted to step out for a moment to see and be with the rain.



I'll usually walk as fast as I can or run or drive, especially with Calder, to avoid getting too wet.

But the rain sounds so cool falling and dripping in the greenway behind the house. You wouldn't really know if you stayed inside.



And I know I'll dry off and warm up once I go in, post this, then settle down to make art and listen to the Oregon Public Broadcasting folks go on and on about this exciting day.

P.S. I'm really glad that Oregon has all mail-in ballots. I can only imagine it means more of us vote and put more time and thought into our decisions. Anyway, that's how it works for me.

No comments: